BigQuery - Google Drive Spreadhseet error

Hello,
My data are on a Google Spreadsheet.
The spreadsheet is connected to BigQuery and BigQuery to Metabase.

In Metabase I have this error : “Error while reading table: xxxx_metabase.xxxx_metabase_table, error message: Failed to read the spreadsheet. Errors: No OAuth token with Google Drive scope was found.”

Anyone could help me?

Thank you

Hi @jduprezen
Can you even run the query on BigQuery? I don’t think it has anything to do with Metabase.
It seems like you need to make some adjustments in BigQuery, so it knows the token for Drive:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49807276/bigquery-no-oauth-token-with-google-drive-scope-was-found

Dear flamber,
Thank you for your answer.
I can run query on BigQuery without any issue (even when I run the same query like the one I tried on Metabase).
But when I try with metabase I have the same error : “Error while reading table: xxxx_metabase.xxxx_metabase_table, error message: Failed to read the spreadsheet. Errors: No OAuth token with Google Drive scope was found.”

I don’t know why.
J

@jduprezen I don’t use BigQuery, but the error is coming from BigQuery, since Metabase doesn’t know anything about spreadsheets or Drive. Otherwise try using a different client and see if that triggers the same error.

Yes
Good idea

Thanks again

Still not working…

No one has the same issue ?

@jduprezen Did you try a different client?
If you search the forum, you’ll see that this is the first time someone posted this error.
But you’ll find a lot of posts, if you search the internet.

You need additional permission in yours service account to make queries to Google sheets through bq.

There is hidden link in db connection settings, that will generate different permission request. It just have no styling, but it's a link

1 Like

Hi @NosovK, can you explain what you did a little more? I’m not following where that screen you have is located.

@alexshifrin Things have changed since 0.36 for new database, since they use Service Accounts:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/13001 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post

Thanks @flamber. I’ve upvoted that issue, although it’s not exactly the same error message I’m getting.

Are there any workarounds at all that you’re aware of or do we just have to wait for that issue to be resolved?

@alexshifrin
Post “Diagnostic Info” from Admin > Troubleshooting.
And since you haven’t provided the error message, then it’s even harder to know what you’re seeing.

If you’re using 0.36+ and setting up new connections, then you would have to manually make changes to the application database table metabase_database.details, so it would use the old OAuth method. Definitely not recommended to manually change that.

I would rather recommend reverting to a backup before 0.36 and using that until the issue is fixed (or the referenced issue).