Connecting from Linux Metabase to SQLSERVER 2012

Hi,

I am trying to connect to SQLSERVER database from Metabase running on Debian.
I searched through the forums before and found the issue with Java authenicating to Kerberos , but this doesn’t work for my situation.

Niether the Windows Server with SQLSERVER or the Debian Metabase machine are on a domain

I have a krb.conf file on the Debian machine, and have used the IP Address for the SQLSERVER machine.

The JDBC auth is - trustServerCertificate=true;intergratedSecurity=true;authenticationScheme=JavaKerberos

The error message I recieve is -
message “com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Cannot open database “*********” requested by the login. The login failed. ClientConnectionId:89367a15-719c-4729-b877-789d6dd7f82e”} - I have redacted the name of the server with asteriks

Easiest solution is to just use SQL Server authentication rather than Windows.

I’m new to the forum and I’m running into the same issue but using SQL authentication instead of Windows. I’ve read through countless topics on here and github but I don’t see any resolution for non Windows authentication. I receive the “Timed out after 5000 milliseconds” error.

I’m able to connect using the same creds through SSMS.

Appreciate any help that can point me in the right direction!

Metabase 0.29.3
Database: SQL Server 2016
Authentication: SQL auth

First thing is to check the port that SQL Server is using. If it’s SQL Express then it won’t be on the default. SSMS can find the port, the JDBC driver used by Metabase can’t.