Couldn't connect to the database

Hello,

I have installed Metabase on Ubuntu 18.04. I was able to successfully install and get into the setup page. But when I try to add database which is MySql 5.7.23 on AWS RDS.

If I checked the log, it shows like below
POST /api/database/validate 200 10 s (0 DB calls) Jetty threads: 3/50 (4 idle, 0 queued) (49 total active threads) Queries in flight: 0
It gives 200, however, after this nothing happens and on the setup page, I was able to see Couldn't connect to the database. Please check the connection details. I have checked the firewall.

Is there anything I need to check?

Any suggestion or advice would be appreicated.
Thank you in advance.

Hi @smchae
Which version of Metabase?
Are there no other logs around the same time of /api/database/validate? There should be some type of connection failure error.

Hi, @flamber
I can only observe
> 05-15 00:40:49 INFO driver.mysql :: You may need to add trustServerCertificate=true to the additional connection options to connect with SSL.

05-15 00:40:59 DEBUG middleware.log :: POST /api/database/validate 200 10 s (0 DB calls) Jetty threads: 3/50 (4 idle, 0 queued) (49 total active threads) Queries in flight: 0

Nothing else.

To update on my end, I found out that AWS RDS instance that I was trying to access from Metabase did not have Public accessibility. After I changed Public accessibility to true, I was able to connect to the database. I hope other people do not waste time on this matter. Please check Public accessibility setting along with firewall rules.

1 Like