Easiest way to get Salesforce data into Metabase?

I have a report in Salesforce that I would love to analyze in Metabase. What is the easiest way to get that report into a DB and into Metabase?

1 Like

Alas, Salesforce doesn’t like to make this easy. The way I did it was to use Talend Open Data Studio to load Salesforce data into a Postgres db I set up. Here’s a guide on how to do that: http://luan-itworld.blogspot.com/2014/09/auto-syncronize-salesforce-data-to-mysql-postgresql-with-Talend-Open-Studio.html

I chose this approach for starting out because it’s free (other than Salesforce, of course). However, you could also try a data integration service like Segment, Fivetran, or Stitch, which have connectors for Salesforce to load it into your Postgres warehouse. Segment has a free tier. I haven’t set that up yet, but it’s next on my list to explore.

Few years ago, I used MS SQL Server Integration Services with the excellent Task Factory plugins to connect to Sales Force. Did a good jon, but not free.

The best option, as already being said, is to replicate Salesforce data to a database or DWH. Here is the description how this can be made using Skyvia.