End of Day

I’d love to see a system parameter where we could change the End of Day (EoD) time.

As an example: Consider a restaurant open from 18:00-02:00. By default, if I’d make a filter for showing all sales “today” and run it at 20:00 I’d see the sales made this morning from 00:00-02:00 and all sales made from 18:00-20:00. However, as an end-user, I’d expect to see only the sales from 18:00-20:00, as that is what I consider to be “today”. And if I ran it at 03:00, after closing, I’d expect to see the sales from 18:00-02:00. In this case, I’d like EoD to be like 4 or 5 in the morning.

We’ve achieved this by making all our default questions into native SQL and wrapping all our dates used in dashboard filters with a date_add(SalesTimestamp, INTERVAL -5 HOUR) as SalesTimestamp. However, it is not possible to do for Custom Questions so end users can’t create their own questions with the correct EoD.

1 Like

Could you achieve something similar with Segments?
Personally, I’d go for a view on the database just to make life simple.

I’ve not considered segments for this tbh… Will have a look.

We’re looking into creating views in our databases to make it easier for users to query, and this could actually be another argument.

Thanks for the ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like