Format Date to Month has missing dimensions

I'm havin a problem when I try to make a count of the number of contracts by month of the year Its OK.

But I wish having the graph with number of contracts made by year and month. When I select by month on the date colum I receive this:

Could any one help me?

Hi @JaymeNeto
Which version of Metabase?
If you visualization Settings (bottom-right) and adjust the data columns, does it then work?
If you click the raw-data-toggle (bottom-center), does it display the raw table data correctly?

Hi @flamber
I'm using the v0.34.0
When I click the bottom-center it display this

I dont know if it can be the problem but I'm using Oracle Database

@JaymeNeto Hmm, that looks strange.
What is the actual database column type? And does it contain milliseconds?
What is the Field Type? Admin > Data Model > (database) > (table) > (column)
If you make a Native/SQL query where you select those columns, does it also return empty values? Example SELECT data_column FROM table
Which ojdbc8.jar version are you using?

EDIT: Can you also post the “Diagnostic Info” from Admin > Troubleshooting?

The data type is DATE and is in this format 2001-02-19 00:00:00 (the time is the same in all the rows), there is no empty values.
I’m using the ojdbc6.jar not the 8

@JaymeNeto Okay.

1. Please post the “Diagnostic Info” from Admin > Troubleshooting
  2. What is the Field Type? Admin > Data Model > (database) > (table) > (column)
  3. If you make a Native/SQL query where you select those columns, does it also return empty values? Example SELECT data_column FROM table
  4. Which version of Oracle DB are you using, since you’re using such an old version of ojdbc?
    Try using ojdbc8.jar version 19.3, as that’s the supported version:
    https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/administration-guide/databases/oracle.html
  5. Are you new to Metabase or did it use to work correctly on a previous version of Metabase, which?

I changed it to OJDBC8 and worked tankil very much and happy new year.

1 Like