Picking additional colors in a stacked bar chart

Hi,

I have a stacked bar chart where the results on the X-axis are split by eight different results. The issue is, I'm only getting nine options to choose from, and I'd ideally like to get the colors as close as possible to corresponding to the actual colors in the results (I understand that I won't be able to match it perfectly). I know that in a situation where there are more than nine results, I see additional colors besides the ones in the screenshot, so how can I choose from ALL the colors?

Hi @zma213
It’s currently (0.32.8) not possible to pick custom colors, only the 9 available colors. If there’s more series than 9, then Metabase will create accents of those colors, which might be close to other colors.
If you mess around with the metadata (remember to backup first!), then you can change the color to any hex decimal color by looking in the column visualization_settings of the specific card in the table report_card.

hi, we are currently on 0.44.4 and I would like to know if there's been a change

@jean There's no color picker if that's what you're looking for, but there's a lot more colors available in newer versions.
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/6300 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post