Sort Filters

Hi

How to sort filters the way we want>

Regards
Jayanthan

1 Like

Hi, can you be more specific? What do you mean? the order of filters on a dashboard? so that filter X is on the left and then comes filter Y and then filter Z?

Hi Eva

In the filter, Months are shown in Alphabetical Order,I want months to be shown in chronological order

Kindly refer the attached file

Sample

Regards
Jayanthan

1 Like

Ah I see. Not sure if you change that to be honest as metabase tends to sort all texts alphabetically. Maybe someone else has an idea for a workaround?
Sorry I can´t be of any help here,
cheers, Eva

Hi Eva

Thank you for the prompt reply and support. I have thought of add sequence numbers as a prefix to months to bring them in chronological order

E.g
1-Jan
2-Feb

Regards
Jayanthan

2 Likes

That’s a great suggestion. It’s really dumb that we list months alphabetically.

4 Likes

@maz
Yup, @jayanthan isn’t alone! I do the same thing with categorized lists for highly dimensional data having dozens even hundreds of members that must be in a certain order something like:
1 | Red | Something
2 | Green | Something
3 | White | Something
4 | Brown | Something

In my case it’s because Metabase doesn’t support cascading / dependent / linked filters so often requested in this forum and on github. Can do it for embeds outside of Metabase BUT that requires refreshing the page or the iframe every time and loosing all other filter settings within the iframe. Overcoming that would require listening to actions within the iframe and saving off the last known settings in my app and reloading them on refresh or login (looking into that).

Eventually the Metabase team will probably get around to ordered lists, cascading filters, and the like. Quite a few of us will be rejoicing on that day! In the meantime Metabase’s new searchable filter lists (new to me anyway) may help and I’ll find ways of working within the existing technology.

2 Likes