Summarize By - Missing Options

Hi -
I see that in the sample set of data If you click Summarize by there are additional options. However, when I do it using my own data the options are not present.

Currently On Version:

I also see that this has an interesting effect that I'll attach as a GIF. Once you summarize it manually and save, it reverts back

Expecting (sample data example)

Actual using my data

If you go a step further (gif attached) it will allow the manual aggregation but it will not save it correctly
Metabase_Visualization

Hi @adamb
You’re seeing this issue, which is caused by the first table doesn’t have any numeric columns:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/12248 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post

Hi,

I am also have this issue, but I created a column case([column] = 'true', 1, 0), which has a numeric output (this works in other tables) and I still don't have the options to get a numerical average. Even when I add a customized expression, the summary does not display and then disappears when I go back to edit it

If anyone else has this problem, the hack workaround is to manually create a numerical column (assuming you have database privileges) and then you will be able to do whatever numerical analysis you need to your created columns.

Seems like a bug not a feature :slight_smile: