About the Revamped Subscriptions and Alerts

Hi everyone,
First, I'd like to thank Metabase for providing the open-source community such an useful tool. As a software developer I've been using it in the last 3 companies I've worked at, and it is a very popular internal tool.

Regarding the recently changed subscriptions and alerts, I'm sure you have put a lot of thought and effort in this change, and that you balanced the pros and cons. With that in mind, I'd like to add a small feedback regarding how text is displayed in pulses.

Looking at this screenshot you've shared in the Github release page, we can see that:

• There are no numbers on top of each bar;
  • The font that appears in the axis is quite small

Taking into account accessibility for people that don't see so well, and that the pulse is seen through a smaller image than what would appear in the browser, would it be feasible to make the fonts larger in this case? Maybe we could have less values in the vertical axis, with steps of 5k or 10k instead of 2k (with the data from the screenshot below)

Best regards,
Giovanni

Hi @GiovanniBonetti

Thank you for the nice write-up. We're not finished with polishing the static visualizations (as they're called internally). More improvements and tweaks are coming throughout the next versions.

Like you point out, data point values are currently not available, but there are several other things. Some of these things are easier than others to get implemented.

But I would recommend that you take it for a spin yourself, since the screenshot doesn't give it full justice.

1 Like

Thanks for the response, @flamber!

But I would recommend that you take it for a spin yourself, since the screenshot doesn't give it full justice.

Sure, we'll keep working with it. Thanks for the effort!