Add ability to (select AND) UN-select ALL columns in query editor

Hi guys!

I really LOVE the new power coming with version 0.33.0 - great work !!! Thank you !!!

One thing tough that seems to be a quick fix is enabling a user to not only “SELECT ALL columns” in the new query editor, but also to “DEselect ALL columns”. Often times we’re working with really large tables and only need a hand full of columns. Hence it’s much quicker to pick what you need rather than unpick what you don’t need.

The lack of this functionality becomes even more depressing since whenever you unselect (or select) a checkbox of a column, the browser (Chrome in my case) jumps all the way back up to the top of the page making it extremely tedious to select the desired set of columns.

Thank you !
Cheers
Fabian

3 Likes

Hi @SetSails
Go and upvote this issue by clicking :+1: on the first post:

Thanks for the instruction to Upvote. BTW, there is no “thumbs up” icon displayed. However, this request is to enable a pre-millenium standard practise for SQL GUIs. Please reply that it is now available, and clear instructions on how to use it.

@Noah I don’t understand what you’re asking. There’s an thumbs-up icon in the bottom of the first post - it currently has 40 upvotes.

There is a single thumbs up icon on this page, the one in the quote, above.
No, now there are two ...

@Noah There's 41 upvotes currently: image

Not to beat a dead horse, but can you provide a link for that screenshot? We seem to be talking about different posts. I assumed you meant the one that I was reading. Which one are you talking about?

@Noah The one from my first comment in this topic: https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/10460

Interesting. So you thought I was looking at github, on the discussion URL:

discourse.metabase.com …?

@Noah I have no idea and not interested in continuing this debate.
Seems like you don’t know how the Metabase project works and where the source code is hosted. Github is for tracking issues (bugs and features). The forum is for questions and troubleshooting.
If you’re looking for 1-on-1 help, then there’s paid support: https://www.metabase.com/contact/