Admin: Can't Acess Collection Permissions

Hey,

After updating to v0.39.4, we can't access collection permissions. The page keeps loading forever..

Database permissions page is working fine, but when we click on 'Collection Permissions' the page keeps loading forever..

I've seached on github but haven't found anything. Does someone have an idea of what might be happening?

Thanks!

capture1

Hi @rodrigodt
Which version did you upgrade from?
Do you see errors in the log (Admin > Troubleshooting > Logs), or more likely in the browser developer console?
I have not seen a problem like that for a long time - the closest is https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/13211, which was fixed in 0.37.1

Hey @flamber, thanks for your reply.

I just found out our infra team downgraded from v0.39.4 to v0.35.4 and then reupdated to v0.39.4 (don't know exactly why).

But yes, there are errors in the log!

There is an error in the get request:

And it seems like there is a table missing in the metadata db:

@rodrigodt Metabase does not support downgrading officially - and will break, when going back so many versions. They have to revert to a backup instead of downgrading.

There's way too many migrations between those versions - I would recommend upgrading again if you don't have a backup, and then report the problems they're facing. Nothing gets fixed unless it's reported.

In the future, post "Diagnostic Info" from Admin > Troubleshooting, and the full errors from Admin > Troubleshooting > Logs instead of tiny screenshot snippets - it makes it much easier to see problems.

1 Like

We've just updated to the latest version and it's working fine now.
Thanks for your help