Can't add question to pulse after single entry

So, I went to setup a second pulse today; the first one worked great, and I had no problems getting it going… While adding a second one, when I went to type in my question, it’ll find the available questions, but when selecting them, it doesn’t add the value to the input (or anything) - it just closes the select box.

I have a total of two questions, and one pulse created.

Nothing is being rendered to the log screen either, thoughts anyone?

Which browser and browser version are you using? And which version of Metabase?

Chrome 51.0.2704.103
Firefox 47.0

The latest version of metabase 0.18.1

Nothing comes up in the browser console, no network requests are fired off, and as I mentioned, nothing on the command line

Hmm. I’m trying it on an instance with the same browser version and it’s working for me with questions we have lying around.

What kind of questions are you trying to add? Is it a sql or gui query? What kind of visualization?

They are SQL based queries, from a single table – no visualizations, just data exported into table format. (Haven’t got to the visual stuff yet :o) )

Edit: still new to metabase; it’s not beyond me to do something silly. Let me know if I need to give any other data or any thing else that will help!

Could you try to create equivalent SQL questions against the sample database + see if you can replicate the error with those? That way you can just copy+paste the questions here and I’ll try to replicate on our instance.

Absolutely, I need to figure out how to install sample data. I’ll post here once I get the proper queries!

There should be a "Sample Dataset" in the DB selector on a new question unless you explicitly deleted it.

See below for an example

Question 1
SELECT “PUBLIC”.“PEOPLE”.“NAME”, “PUBLIC”.“PEOPLE”.“EMAIL”, “PUBLIC”.“PEOPLE”.“ADDRESS”, “PUBLIC”.“PEOPLE”.“ZIP” FROM “PUBLIC”.“PEOPLE”
WHERE CAST(“PUBLIC”.“PEOPLE”.“CREATED_AT” AS date) = CAST(now() AS date)
order by “PUBLIC”.“PEOPLE”.ID DESC

Question 2
SELECT “PUBLIC”.“ORDERS”.“USER_ID” AS “USER_ID”, “PUBLIC”.“ORDERS”.“TOTAL” AS “TOTAL”, “PUBLIC”.“ORDERS”.“TAX” AS “TAX”, “PUBLIC”.“ORDERS”.“SUBTOTAL” AS “SUBTOTAL”, “PUBLIC”.“ORDERS”.“PRODUCT_ID” AS “PRODUCT_ID”, “PUBLIC”.“ORDERS”.“ID” AS “ID”, “PUBLIC”.“ORDERS”.“CREATED_AT” AS “CREATED_AT”
FROM “PUBLIC”.“ORDERS”
WHERE CAST(“PUBLIC”.“ORDERS”.“CREATED_AT” AS date) BETWEEN CAST(dateadd(‘day’, -8, now()) AS date)
AND CAST(dateadd(‘day’, -1, now()) AS date)
GROUP BY ID
ORDER BY ID DESC
LIMIT 2000

If it helps, i’m also using functions like curdate() and interval to select the previous days, etc in mysql. Not sure if that’s relevant.

Just bumping this, has anyone else encountered the same issue?

I tried to shut down, redownload the .jar, update jdk, nothing seems to help.

Ugh… I feel really goofy – but perhaps it may help other folks. I was single-clicking the question. When doing so, the JS must be set to fire the close event on blur/focus, so would close the selection box, like so: http://screencast.com/t/t6xVlS9dPhz4

However, if I very quickly double clicked (before the event fired/box closed), it works fine. My guess is this should probably be a single click, not a double click (everyone on the web is single click? :smiley:) If not, there should be a note about it, and preventing focus/blur from closing the box.