Dashboard cards no longer execute [SOLVED]

v0.40.2, jar file, native SQL questions

What’s going on here? What password? I’m able to login just fine but the dashboard cards no longer execute.

Logs indicate:

"--> plugins.jdbc_proxy$proxy_driver$reify__78566.connect(jdbc_proxy.clj:33)"
"connection_pool$proxy_data_source$reify__35308.getConnection(connection_pool.clj:29)"],
:context :question,
:error

"Login failed for user 'marc'. Reason: The password of the account has expired. ClientConnectionId:6ced38df-1b0e-451a-bf25-9d4d09c42643",

:row_count 0,
:running_time 0,
:data {:rows [], :cols []}}

Hi @mesquest
Your database is returning that error. From the looks of it, I would guess it's a SQL Server connection.

From the below it does seem to be the SQL Server connection but there have been no changes to Metabase or SQL Server and I don't recall any password being set to expire:

"Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'marc'. Reason: The password of the account has expired. ClientConnectionId:a5948371-5d5b-480a-9c1b-3759a30c7758"

@mesquest Correct, there has been no changes. Change the password on the database, then on Metabase. And then you probably got 90(?) days to figure out how to disable the expiration on the database/Windows.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30577442/unexpiring-an-expired-sql-server-login-password-password-cannot-be-changed/50858159

Cannot change the password at Admin>Databases>selected database for the same reason: The password of the account has expired.
Never had this problem before, once Metabase was connected to a database in SQL Server Express the connection was good indefinitely. Is this something new for Metabase that database connections expire after a certain time?

@mesquest
Download DBeaver.io and connect using the same credentials as used in Metabase. If you get an error there, then you know that the problem is not in Metabase.
I'm guessing that you did not uncheck the expiration on the database: https://serverfault.com/questions/66853/login-failed-password-of-account-must-be-changed-error-18488/733795#733795

No problem connecting with DBeaver.io. I wish it was as simple as unchecking some expiration enforcement box. In the three days it originally took me to hook up my SQL Server Express database with Metabase I don't recall any password expiration checkbox, then again I wasn't looking for one.

The problem is with SQL Server Express under Security>Logins>marc>right click Properties uncheck Enforce password expiration
The fastest way is to login as administrator and change the password

@mesquest I thought that was what I recommended and linked to. If you can connect with DBeaver, when you weren't using the same credentials as Metabase, you were likely using a different type of login.
But great you got it working.