Don't know how to map column type

Hello,

I am trying out the latest metabase by running the jar file. After setup mysql database connection, I tried to login the first time and see bunch of these kind of messages in my terminal:

04-15 16:06:39 WARN driver.generic-sql :: Don't know how to map column type 'INT UNSIGNED' to a Field base_type, falling back to :UnknownField.
04-15 16:06:39 WARN driver.generic-sql :: Don't know how to map column type 'INT UNSIGNED' to a Field base_type, falling back to :UnknownField.
04-15 16:07:54 WARN driver.generic-sql :: Don't know how to map column type 'SMALLINT UNSIGNED' to a Field base_type, falling back to :UnknownField.
04-15 16:08:41 WARN driver.generic-sql :: Don't know how to map column type 'MEDIUMINT UNSIGNED' to a Field base_type, falling back to :UnknownField.

Then I try to select some filter on fields that are ‘INT UNSIGNED’ type but metabase only give me is or empty operation instead of arithmetic operations.

I see that I can change filed type in admin panel > data model. Manually editing is not a problem for database with fewer tables though.

Is it because unsigned is not supported yet? the only reference I can find is here https://github.com/metabase/metabase/blob/master/src/metabase/driver/mysql.clj

Hi, those type mappings are handled internally by Metabase right now, so there is no actual way of directly changing them. Sounds like this is happening on MySQL right? I’ll file an issue on Github and we’ll get that taken care of and included in our upcoming release.