Elastic Beanstalk no longer recommended

please post the logs

Thanks, I tried it again now and it came up fine. All good now

I'm trying to deploy 48.3 to EBS by updating the version number in the dockerrun JSON file but I'm getting an error. I'm planning to move out of Elastic Beanstalk but any insight into this issue so that I can kick that can down the road a little while longer would be appreciated :smiley:

Here's where the build is failing:

eb-engine.log

2024/01/24 23:17:22.682820 [INFO] Running command /bin/sh -c /opt/aws/bin/cfn-init -s arn:aws:cloudformation:us-east-1:xxx:stack/awseb-e-xx-stack/xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-r AWSEBAutoScalingGroup --region us-east-1 --configsets Infra-EmbeddedPostBuild
2024/01/24 23:17:23.125897 [INFO] Error occurred during build: Command 01-persist_env_vars failed

cfn-init.log

2024-01-24 23:17:23,063 [INFO] Running config postbuild_0_Metabase
2024-01-24 23:17:23,087 [ERROR] Command 01-persist_env_vars (.ebextensions/metabase_config/metabase-setup.sh set_up_env_vars) failed
2024-01-24 23:17:23,087 [ERROR] Error encountered during build of postbuild_0_Metabase: Command 01-persist_env_vars failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cfnbootstrap/construction.py", line 579, in run_config
    CloudFormationCarpenter(config, self._auth_config, self.strict_mode).build(worklog)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cfnbootstrap/construction.py", line 278, in build
    self._config.commands)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cfnbootstrap/command_tool.py", line 127, in apply
    raise ToolError(u"Command %s failed" % name)
cfnbootstrap.construction_errors.ToolError: Command 01-persist_env_vars failed
2024-01-24 23:17:23,089 [ERROR] -----------------------BUILD FAILED!------------------------
2024-01-24 23:17:23,089 [ERROR] Unhandled exception during build: Command 01-persist_env_vars failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/aws/bin/cfn-init", line 181, in <module>
    worklog.build(metadata, configSets, strict_mode)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cfnbootstrap/construction.py", line 137, in build
    Contractor(metadata, strict_mode).build(configSets, self)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cfnbootstrap/construction.py", line 567, in build
    self.run_config(config, worklog)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cfnbootstrap/construction.py", line 579, in run_config
    CloudFormationCarpenter(config, self._auth_config, self.strict_mode).build(worklog)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cfnbootstrap/construction.py", line 278, in build
    self._config.commands)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cfnbootstrap/command_tool.py", line 127, in apply
    raise ToolError(u"Command %s failed" % name)
cfnbootstrap.construction_errors.ToolError: Command 01-persist_env_vars failed

Just by chance are you using the old beanstalk platform?

I'm not entirely sure what the old beanstalk platform is, nor where I could find that out...

All I can see is that it's a managed platform deployment, and the platform branch is Docker running on 64bit Amazon Linux 2, running version 3.6.5

Elastic Beanstalk still works for me without a problem.

Here’s a script a use to upgrade in a single step:

It just grabs the latest AWS EB release from Metabase, replaces the image tag for the requested one and uploads that to S3. From there it creates an EB application version and finally updates the EB environment.