Field filter display old values

Hi guys,

I’m running Metabase 0.34.3.

I have a dashboard with multiple question running on table “A” let’s say and a dashboard field filter which worked fine (displayed all values of field “source” from table A)… until I changed how to compute this field.

Yesterday, I had 5 distinct values for this field in table A.
Today, I have 4 distinct values in table A.

Yet, the field field still displays 5 values on the dashboard and in the related questions.

I have clicked multiple times in the admin section > databases on:

  • synchronize schema (translated from French… sorry)
  • analyze field values right now

I have also tried to clear my browser’s cache.
I have also tried, in the questions, to remove and recreate the filter…

Does not change anything.

When I display the table (through SQL for instance) I, of course, only see 4 distincts values.

Any hint?
Thanks

Hi @cjullian
Please post “Diagnostic Info” from Admin > Troubleshooting.
Have you tried discarding values and re-syncing the field? Admin > Data Model > (db) > (table) > (column) :gear:
When you run the re-sync/scan, then check the log for any errors in Admin > Troubleshooting > Logs

Hi Flamber,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I had never been to the “Data model” section, it’s awesome.
I had to find a fix quickly so I deleted the initial table and created another table with the same results, it obviously worked.
Can’t find a way to close the bug on my side?
I’m good now. I’ll bookmark this ticket in case I have the same issue.

Just in case, diagnostic info:

{
“browser-info”: {
“language”: “fr-FR”,
“platform”: “MacIntel”,
“userAgent”: “Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/79.0.3945.130 Safari/537.36”,
“vendor”: “Google Inc.”
},
“system-info”: {
“java.runtime.name”: “OpenJDK Runtime Environment”,
“java.runtime.version”: “1.8.0_242-heroku-b08”,
“java.vendor”: “Oracle Corporation”,
“java.vendor.url”: “http://java.oracle.com/”,
“java.version”: “1.8.0_242-heroku”,
“java.vm.name”: “OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM”,
“java.vm.version”: “25.242-b08”,
“os.name”: “Linux”,
“os.version”: “4.4.0-1062-aws”,
“user.language”: “en”,
“user.timezone”: “Etc/UTC”
},
“metabase-info”: {
“databases”: [
“mysql”,
“postgres”,
“h2”
],
“hosting-env”: “heroku”,
“application-database”: “postgres”,
“application-database-details”: {
“database”: {
“name”: “PostgreSQL”,
“version”: “10.12 (Ubuntu 10.12-2.pgdg16.04+1)”
},
“jdbc-driver”: {
“name”: “PostgreSQL JDBC Driver”,
“version”: “42.2.8”
}
},
“run-mode”: “prod”,
“version”: {
“tag”: “v0.34.3”,
“date”: “2020-02-25”,
“branch”: “release-0.34.x”,
“hash”: “1a83edb”
},
“settings”: {
“report-timezone”: “Europe/Berlin”
}
}
}

Thanks