[0.30: DONE] Improve User permission & Dashboard

We use the Metabase in our company how do we better improve the Metabase ?

we need:

1. Dashboard collection
    it is necessary to group many Dashboards

2. User permission READ | WRITE
    it is necessary to give access to users who can only read information without the possibility of editing the question and Dashboards and so on.

3. Dashboard filter Date Range default values, - “current date”
    it is necessary to add in a date range default values, from the current date to a year ago. the current date is necessary.

See Feature request: Dashboards groups, like questions group. · Issue #6509 · metabase/metabase · GitHub

I think, it should be covered by Redirecting…

Should hopefully be covered by Include "today/this week/this month/this year" in relative date filters · Issue #4749 · metabase/metabase · GitHub which fix was merged a few days ago. So should come in next release or you can build the master branch to take it for a test drive.

I realize I was a bit too quick regarding dashboard readonly permissions. :sweat_smile:

To lock down dashboard modification completely there is currently the possibility of embedded dashboards

Below one issue which probably covers what you want?

Our current plan for numbers 1 and 2 is to allow dashboards (and pulses) to be saved within existing Collections, so that you’ll be able to leverage the current read/write permissions that collections have. How does that sound to you, @tsarenkotxt?

2 Likes

thank you very much for your answer to the questions! that’s what we need :grinning:

2 Likes

hey, tsarenkotxt. Can we connect? I am facing some issues in sharing my dashboard in my company.