Links to record details

Hello,
I have a question from an SQL query, one of the columns is the PKEY of one of my tables, I would like this column to be clickable to load the detail view of this record.

I see here: Dashboard question clicking on row triggering another question - native query
That I could build a link to a dashboard that would have a filter, but this is not great since I want to see the details of one record, a table with 1 row is not great in this case.

Is there a way to do this (in the explore section this works perfectly, but here I want it to work from an SQL question)

OK, actually I found a non so nice workaround, but it works.

If I do a question that is not an SQL question it works natively: if a column is a pkey from a table, it shows up as a link to the detail of the records.

So the trick is to build a simple or custom question based on the SQL question. You add a link to the table you want, only put the pkey column, then remove the useless columns in the results.

This works but it is far from being elegant, if you have a better way to do it, I would definitely appreciate the tip!

thanks,
Luc

@hawisizu Great workaround :wink:
There’s a request for such feature, but it would be difficult to build, since SQL is really hard to parse:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/5595 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post