[Metabase]: public dashboard links don't work anymore after upgrade to Metabase v0.38.0

Hi,
I just updated today the version of Metabase from v0.37.1 to v0.38.0.

Everything seems to work fine.

But the access to public dashboard link doesn’t work anymore.

I have a blank page in the browser and the only log I have is:

2021-02-18 17:12:26,383 INFO middleware.exceptions :: Request canceled before finishing.
2021-02-18 17:12:26,794 INFO middleware.exceptions :: Request canceled before finishing.
2021-02-18 17:12:27,238 INFO middleware.exceptions :: Request canceled before finishing.
2021-02-18 17:12:27,492 INFO middleware.exceptions :: Request canceled before finishing.
2021-02-18 17:12:27,777 INFO middleware.exceptions :: Request canceled before finishing.
2021-02-18 17:12:28,029 INFO middleware.exceptions :: Request canceled before finishing.

Any idea? Help please!!!

Many thanks

{
  "browser-info": {
    "language": "fr-FR",
    "platform": "Win32",
    "userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.150 Safari/537.36",
    "vendor": "Google Inc."
  },
  "system-info": {
    "file.encoding": "UTF-8",
    "java.runtime.name": "OpenJDK Runtime Environment",
    "java.runtime.version": "1.8.0_272-b10",
    "java.vendor": "Red Hat, Inc.",
    "java.vendor.url": "https://www.redhat.com/",
    "java.version": "1.8.0_272",
    "java.vm.name": "OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM",
    "java.vm.version": "25.272-b10",
    "os.name": "Linux",
    "os.version": "3.10.0-1160.15.2.el7.x86_64",
    "user.language": "en",
    "user.timezone": "Europe/Amsterdam"
  },
  "metabase-info": {
    "databases": [
      "mysql"
    ],
    "hosting-env": "unknown",
    "application-database": "h2",
    "application-database-details": {
      "database": {
        "name": "H2",
        "version": "1.4.197 (2018-03-18)"
      },
      "jdbc-driver": {
        "name": "H2 JDBC Driver",
        "version": "1.4.197 (2018-03-18)"
      }
    },
    "run-mode": "prod",
    "version": {
      "tag": "v0.38.0",
      "date": "2021-02-16",
      "branch": "release-x.38.x",
      "hash": "471aa51"
    },
    "settings": {
      "report-timezone": "Europe/Paris"
    }
  }
}

Hi @ThomasCh
If you are using a reverse-proxy/CDN/WAF/cache/etc, then that might be the reason. Check your browser console.
https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/troubleshooting-guide/proxies.html

Unrelated, you should migrate away from H2 if you’re using Metabase in production:
https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/operations-guide/migrating-from-h2.html

Thanks flamber for you so quick response :slight_smile:

It worked with the previous version…

I ran the Console tab of my browser and I had this:

@ThomasCh Like the article I wrote says:

Some WAFs have dynamic protection, which means that the problem might only occur after an upgrade of Metabase, and might go away after a few days.

But your error looks like a browser extension doing the blocking - or an “intelligent” firewall/antivirus.

@flamber, you’re right!!! I tried in another server in another network, I ran the browser on it, and it works perfectly. So , no issue on metabase.
So, I will check my browser configuration, or my infra. Many many thanks.