Multi-Series Charting

Hi there,

I would like to be able to display on a line time-series graph the amount of orders per month having on the y-axis the amount of orders and on the x-axis the months. On top of this, I would like to be able to add another dimension to see how different categories of orders are fluctuating over time.

I tried to use the following approach, but it didn't work for me when grouping for two different dimensions (i.e. Date by Month and Order Category) and still trying to Count Distinct on the Order IDs.

Is there another way rather than manually creating different questions and then layer them on top of each other?

Thanks!

Hi @ff9991
Sounds like you would need different questions, since it’s very different queries and metrics.
Might be something you would need to do in SQL if it needed to be a single question - think you would be touching the limitations on the Notebook.
But it’s currently not possible to have multiple y-axis as dimensions (except for Pivot Table):
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/5416 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post