Multiple Series (Combine two questions)

Hello! I have an issue concerning the multiple series charting. Indeed, I want to merge the chart of two questions into a single one (the commun axis is a time serie). But when I'm going into a Dashboard then click on "edit dashbord" and then on "add" in one of my saved question, I can't find other questions...it is written "Whoops, no compatible questions match your search"

Hmm, which versions of Metabase are you on, and what type of database(s) are you using for your saved questions?

These are the versions that I’m currently using:

Browser and Version: Chrome 59.0.3071.86
Databases: MySQL
Metabase version: v0.24.2
Metabase hosting environment: Ubuntu 16.04.2
Metabase internal database: H2 (default), MySQL

@KevinV did you ever find a solution to this? I’m having the same issue. Trying to create a multiseries chart on dashboard but can’t find the find the questions in the search on the add series screen. The questions exist and should be compatible (very simple data) but they’re not showing in the list to be added.

@HWooo Combining two questions into one dashboard card can sometimes be a little tricky if they’re Native questions:
https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/users-guide/09-multi-series-charting.html#combining-two-existing-saved-questions
But maybe it’s just a problem with the question not showing up because of a cache, so try refreshing your browser.
And please post “Diagnostic Info” from Admin > Troubleshooting.

Just tried a different browser, not a caching issue.
The strangest thing is that I can add some questions, but when starting from those same questions I can't add the other. So A can add B, but B can't add A.
A doesn't show in the list of questions available to add.

Here's the Diagnostic Info:

{
"browser-info": {
"language": "en-US",
"platform": "MacIntel",
"userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_3) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.149 Safari/537.36",
"vendor": "Google Inc."
},
"system-info": {
"java.runtime.name": "OpenJDK Runtime Environment",
"java.runtime.version": "11.0.5+10",
"java.vendor": "AdoptOpenJDK",
"java.vendor.url": "https://adoptopenjdk.net/",
"java.version": "11.0.5",
"java.vm.name": "OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM",
"java.vm.version": "11.0.5+10",
"os.name": "Linux",
"os.version": "4.15.0-1052-azure",
"user.language": "en",
"user.timezone": "UTC"
},
"metabase-info": {
"databases": [
"postgres"
],
"hosting-env": "unknown",
"application-database": "postgres",
"application-database-details": {
"database": {
"name": "PostgreSQL",
"version": "10.11"
},
"jdbc-driver": {
"name": "PostgreSQL JDBC Driver",
"version": "42.2.8"
}
},
"run-mode": "prod",
"version": {
"date": "2020-02-25",
"tag": "v0.34.3",
"branch": "release-0.34.x",
"hash": "1a83edb"
},
"settings": {
"report-timezone": "Canada/Eastern"
}
}
}

@HWooo Okay, it’s really difficult to know what’s going on without steps to reproduce, but that would likely require a sample schema.

I think it might be because the question I’m trying to add is a has a double join in it. Other questions with no joins or a single join show in the list, but ones with double joins do not show.
Any way to make it work?

@HWooo Since I don’t know how the query is made, then you would have to try various things to make it work. If it is a Native question, then there’s a note:
https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/users-guide/09-multi-series-charting.html#a-quick-note-about-sql-based-questions

Had the same issue on a TimescaleDB (PostgreSQL) table. Was able to workaround it by creating a summarize column in MB that took the max value grouped by the time/minute. That finally allowed me to add that question as a series to another question on a dashboard.