MYSQL database connection error

I am getting error adding mysql database. Here are the error details:

org.apache.sshd.client.session.ClientSessionImpl exceptionCaught(ClientSessionImpl[administrator@/192.xx.xx.xx:22])[state=Opened] caused by JarException: file:/C:/Metabase/metabase.jar has unsigned entries - byte_streams$eval62352.class
[af209b87-40a3-4b23-a323-d9218c73803f] 2021-01-14T12:50:10+05:30 ERROR metabase.api.database Cannot connect to Database
[af209b87-40a3-4b23-a323-d9218c73803f] 2021-01-14T12:50:10+05:30 DEBUG metabase.middleware.log POST /api/database 400 128.0 ms (0 DB calls)
{:valid false,
:dbname “DefaultAuthFuture[ssh-connection]: Failed (NoSuchProviderException) to execute: JCE cannot authenticate the provider BC”,
:message “DefaultAuthFuture[ssh-connection]: Failed (NoSuchProviderException) to execute: JCE cannot authenticate the provider BC”}

Here are the diagnostic details:
{
“browser-info”: {
“language”: “en-US”,
“platform”: “Win32”,
“userAgent”: “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.141 Safari/537.36”,
“vendor”: “Google Inc.”
},
“system-info”: {
“file.encoding”: “Cp1252”,
“java.runtime.name”: “Java™ SE Runtime Environment”,
“java.runtime.version”: “1.8.0_251-b08”,
“java.vendor”: “Oracle Corporation”,
“java.vendor.url”: “http://java.oracle.com/”,
“java.version”: “1.8.0_251”,
“java.vm.name”: “Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM”,
“java.vm.version”: “25.251-b08”,
“os.name”: “Windows Server 2016”,
“os.version”: “10.0”,
“user.language”: “en”,
“user.timezone”: “Asia/Calcutta”
},
“metabase-info”: {
“databases”: [
“h2”
],
“hosting-env”: “unknown”,
“application-database”: “postgres”,
“application-database-details”: {
“database”: {
“name”: “PostgreSQL”,
“version”: “12.2”
},
“jdbc-driver”: {
“name”: “PostgreSQL JDBC Driver”,
“version”: “42.2.8”
}
},
“run-mode”: “prod”,
“version”: {
“tag”: “v0.36.6”,
“date”: “2020-09-15”,
“branch”: “release-0.36.x”,
“hash”: “cb258fb”
},
“settings”: {
“report-timezone”: null
}
}
}

Hi @jiwnaiakbar, can you please provide a bit more context on what you are trying to achieve? what I’m seeing is that there is an issue with SSH. Are you trying to connect to a MySQL database through a tunnel? thanks

Yes. I have a database running in MySQL. I am trying to add it and get this error.

@jiwnaiakbar please add a bit more context of what you are trying to do: the MySQL database is in your own machine? is there an SSH tunnel? we can’t help you unless you provide context to the problem you are trying to solve.

By the way, please update to the latest version of Metabase (0.37.5)

Database is on different server (Ubuntu) on the same network. Metabase is installed on windows. There is ssh tunnel and I am able to access mysql using IDE with exactly same config

Reason I am not updating to latest version is because in the new version dashboard filters are slow as they fire db query. Once this issue is resolved I will update to newer version.

@jiwnaiakbar Try a newer version of Java: https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/operations-guide/java-versions.html
Your IDE is likely not using Java, so it has a totally different implementation of SSH, but there are several known issues with SSH in Metabase, though it’s first time I have seen the error you posted.

Thnx @flamber will try this and update