Problem with Windows Service upgrading to 0.44.0

Bit of an odd one. I've Metabase running with MySQL on Windows. Been happily running for 4 years as a service.
Upgraded to 0.44 this morning.
If I start the service, I can see the java.exe running in Task Manager for about 45 seconds. Then it shuts and restarts. Never completes.
If I start using the bat file (the same one that the service calls), it works perfectly.

After using the bat file to complete the upgrade, the service is still failing.

Any thoughts or ideas of how best to troubleshoot?

Hi @AndrewMBaines
Without seeing any logs, then it's impossible to know what is going on.

It's not starting, so no logs to see.
I'll see if I can work it out on my own...

@AndrewMBaines There's always logs, but perhaps they are only viewable in Windows Services because of how you've made the setup?
Could it be some file permission problem?

Sadly, Metabase doesn't write to the Windows logs. All I see is lots of messages about the service starting.

@AndrewMBaines Try using NSSM and set it to save the output from the Java process. It's impossible to troubleshoot anything without logs.

I think I've found the problem. The service is picking up a different JVM. Something else has installed an older version of Java and changed the path.
I'll let you know if that's the case shortly.

@AndrewMBaines That is the problem. Metabase v44 requires Java 11 or newer. It will fail on Java 8.

That was the problem. NSSM sets command line for java.exe which was for an older version. It worked until now. Now set to the latest Adoptium release and all working.