Run selected text

Hi everyone,

First post so sorry if I'm not respecting one rule or another.

I have two big caveats while using the run selected text (cmd+enter on mac) with metabase queries :

• I don't have the button to export results
  • Since a recent update, it only keeps the selected text in the query (if I have 3 queries in my metabase question and I run one, it deletes the two others)

Do you have any help to provide on those points ?
Thanks in advance

Hi @JudiciousTime
Post "Diagnostic Info" from Admin > Troubleshooting, and which database type you're querying.

1. To avoid confusion about which results are being exported, it was decided to require running queries before showing the export-button.
  2. "recent update"? Which version were you using before? And what do you mean about "3 queries" - 3 statements?

Hi @flamber, thanks for the quick return,

1. Ok I see, thanks, just my opinion but feel this is not super practical when you want to stock multiple queries in one question
  2. Provided an example below
    Before running selected text :
    After running selected text :
    I lost the 2 other queries when "running the selection" in my code, only keeping the elements I executed

@JudiciousTime

1. Post "Diagnostic Info" from Admin > Troubleshooting
  2. Which version were you using before, where this problem didn't happen?

I'm not admin at my company so those are not infos I'd have easily on my side @flamber

@JudiciousTime Okay, then you should talk to your admin. I cannot reproduce in Firefox or Chrome with latest 0.39.4 release.

1 Like

Weird, I'm on version 0.40 @flamber ?

@JudiciousTime Version 0.40 has not been released yet. It's a release candidate. It's not recommended to run those in production environments.

I have reproduced and created an issue:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/16886 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post

Thanks a lot for your help, I'm sharing the info about the beta version in my company