Running Metabase JAR file: Sending scheduled pulses takes 2hrs + on Mac m2

Hello, everyone! Saw some of us having troubles with Metabase on mac with silicon chips and now I encountered the same problem. Building docker image is the last option, thts's why I started with running JAR file. It's been like for 4 hours straight:

***路路路路] 馃槏   92% Table 4 'PUBLIC.REVIEWS'
2022-11-16 14:50:00,113 INFO sync.util :: FINISHED: step 'classify-tables' for h2 Database 1 'Sample Database' (731.8 碌s)
2022-11-16 14:50:00,120 INFO sync.util :: FINISHED: Analyze data for h2 Database 1 'Sample Database' (12.6 ms)
2022-11-16 15:00:00,027 INFO task.send-pulses :: Sending scheduled pulses...

What could be the reason? Thanks in advance!

Hi @fatique
I think you are misreading the log line - it's just saying that it's starting the schedule at 15, so if there are any errors etc, then it's easier to understand where they are coming from. It will not write a log line when that schedule has ended.

Thank you for your reply, @flamber! I guess, my formulation was a bit incorrect. So what I wanted to ask is, is it fine that Metabase is taking quite long to install from the JAR file?

@fatique I don't know what you mean by "quite long". It should take less than a minute to start Metabase. If it is taking longer than that, then there's something wrong - perhaps bad JVM or running out of entropy.

Post startup logs, and "Diagnostic Info" from Admin > Troubleshooting.

@flamber, thank you so much, turns out, I was doing something wrong myself, now everything is fine. Thank you once again!