Seems metabase canot handle 23250 table postgres db for analytics. Because of huge metadata (many tables) web broser is freezing

I have a database with 23250 tables. I will need analytics for all tables . As a result metadata is a huge file and web browser cannot handle it.

Any idea?

P.S. settings are these:

This is a large database, so let me choose when Metabase syncs and scans: is on

SCANNING FOR FILTER VALUES: Never, I’ll do this manually if I need to

Create a new database user. Only allow them access to the tables you need to use. Use that user in Metabase.
If you need to use all 20k tables, then create some views to reduce the number of objects to be scanned.

Failing that, shoot the DB designer.

Everything what Andrew said.

Metabase can handle that amount of tables, but something is telling me that you’re using H2 for the metadata, which you should migrate away from.
And then you of course need to scale your resources for such large datasets.

There’s a lot of fixes in the upcoming 0.35.0, which should make it a lot faster to use Metabase with a huge amount of databases/schemas/tables/fields. Some of it is available in the latest release 0.34.3

@flamber Thanks for the response but I am using postgres (instead of h2)

@armen-g
Okay, you just said the metadata file was huge.
But you’re not giving a lot of information besides, so it’s difficult to know what your problem might be.
Post “Diagnostic Info” from Admin > Troubleshooting.
Check your browser console for errors (or Network-tab for request activity), and the Metabase log for errors (Admin > Troubleshooting > Logs).

Everything works fine until in network start metadata endpoint request.and trouble is starting even when i go to server:api/database/2/metadata it hardly loads and crashes in the end. that’s the problem.

@armen-g https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/11856