Setting HOme screen to a dashboard

Hi,

we have embedded Metabase in our multi-tenant app and map our client users to a collection for that client. We'd like to set the Home link to be a dashboard (called Dashboard in all clients) so when a user for any client clicks their Home link it will take them to their Dashboard. Is this possible? Or how do we make the main screen body be a named default dashboard rather than the standard 'Pick up where you left off' list of reports? As the id of the dashboard is part of the usual url for it, we'd have to know and code the Home or default link to the specific default dashboard link for every client ... which doesn't scale.

Thanks

Damien

That would be possible on pro or enterprise:

The other option would be to use a reverse proxy and redirect your customers to the appropriate dashboard

Hi,

thanks for the reply. We have the Pro version but I don't see how it can be achieved. If we have a collection for each client and a dashboard in each collection called Dashboard, the /dashboard part of the url is different for each client, e.g. 2-dashboard, 3-dashboard etc ... so even using a reverse proxy you would have to configure somewhere that 2-dashboard maps to client x, 3-dashboard to client y. It's possible to map users/groups to a collection so that's all they see but can''t see how it's possible to direct all users to their collection's Dashboard without having to explicitly code that into the url.

Thanks

Damien

You should use support@metabase.com

And yes correct, in your reasoning the only option i can see is with a reverse proxy and mapping each client to it's respective dashboard. It's going to be hard since as you said all collections will be different. I am assuming you want to redirect them to their personal collection. This personal collection url would follow a ---s-personal-collection .. If you are self-hosting you should be able to connect to your application database and figure out whch collection number belongs to which user ... Easier said than done but that's the only option I can think of

i