Shema of tables is not analysed / updated

I was metabase and it worked well since sometimes ago, when I started to have different kinds of issues.

  • When creating a new table, the columns are not identified, and I get the error Distinct, non-empty sequence of Field clauses
  • When modifying the data that is being fed into an existing table, metabase still looks for old columns and give for example the error ERROR: column table.column_name does not exist Indice : Perhaps you meant to reference the column "table.column_name2". Position : 345
  • Still when I update a table for which the schema didn’t change, everything works fine.

It’s weird that everything was working fine sometimes ago and isn’t anymore.

I initiated the process of migrating my application database from H2 to Postgres, but I doubt this will not solve this issue that appeared recently.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

“browser-info”: {
“language”: “en-gb”,
“platform”: “MacIntel”,
“userAgent”: “Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.1.2 Safari/605.1.15”,
“vendor”: “Apple Computer, Inc.”
“system-info”: {
“file.encoding”: “UTF-8”,
“”: “OpenJDK Runtime Environment”,
“java.runtime.version”: “11.0.7+10”,
“java.vendor”: “AdoptOpenJDK”,
“java.vendor.url”: “”,
“java.version”: “11.0.7”,
“”: “OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM”,
“java.vm.version”: “11.0.7+10”,
“”: “Linux”,
“os.version”: “4.19.0-0.bpo.5-amd64”,
“user.language”: “en”,
“user.timezone”: “GMT”
“metabase-info”: {
“databases”: [
“hosting-env”: “unknown”,
“application-database”: “h2”,
“application-database-details”: {
“database”: {
“name”: “H2”,
“version”: “1.4.197 (2018-03-18)”
“jdbc-driver”: {
“name”: “H2 JDBC Driver”,
“version”: “1.4.197 (2018-03-18)”
“run-mode”: “prod”,
“version”: {
“date”: “2020-05-28”,
“tag”: “v0.35.4”,
“branch”: “release-0.35.x”,
“hash”: “b3080fa”
“settings”: {
“report-timezone”: “Europe/London”

Hi @MichaelU
Metabase doesn’t know you have changed your schema until it syncs (by default every hour):

Hi @flamber !
Thanks for another super quick answer :slight_smile:
Yes, I have tried forced sync but it didn’t do it, and the problem persists for days now.

@MichaelU Update to latest release, 0.36.6, run sync and post any errors you see in Admin > Troubleshooting > Logs.

Will do now.

In the meantime, I found the logs, and when I force sync, I get some ERROR models.field-values

Erreur collecting field values
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column suppliers.orderTemplate does not exist

The update did the trick ! Thanks !