So, I'm able to embed dashboards with locked parameters to show only the right data to the right people. We love it, with one outstanding problem:
"Regular" questions are working well, but I can't make it work with questions that are defined in SQL (where it says "This question is written in SQL") show up.
I can connect them to the form filter on the non-embedded dashboard and they work just fine, but the moment I go to embed (Embed this dashboard in an application) the native questions work while the SQL ones do not. I get the "There was a problem displaying this chart" message.
I've tried both native and field filters. I've tried making them required or optional. I've experimented with a bunch of permutations involving square and curly brackets, but nothing seems to work.
Running Metabase v0.37.4 on Linux, my database is MySQL on AWS RDS.