Trigger tooltip on hover over x-axis on line chart

Hi,

Is there any way to trigger the tooltip to show without having to hover directly over the data point?
On line charts with many values, it can be hard to hover directly over the data point and would be great to be able to be able to "hover-scroll" over the width of the chart.
Is there any way to do this?

Thank you.

Hi, unfortunately not. I think the feature request you're referencing is Always show question description (instead of on Mouseover/tooltip) · Issue #13436 · metabase/metabase · GitHub, please upvote it on the first comment.

Thanks for the quick reply.

That is close to what I'm referring to but not exactly it.
I'm talking about the data that's visible in the tooltip when you hover on a chart. On the Metabase charts I'm building, you have to be hovering directly on the data point to see the tooltip. That isn't a problem on a large pie chart, but on a line chart with a lot of data or a bar chart with a really small bar, it's difficult to hover over the really small bar; you have to try a few times with your mouse to get to the right spot.
I'm hoping there's some way to get the tooltip to show on any interaction with the chart space. The chart here is a good example. You don't have to be directly on the line, but even when you are above the line, you see the tooltip for that point on the x axis.

Thank you.

thanks, so the correct feature request is For discussion: consider making the tooltip behavior for time series be scrubber-like · Issue #11935 · metabase/metabase · GitHub, please upvote it on the first comment