Using Dashboard Filters from Joined Tables

Hello - I am hoping to create a dashboard with multiple filters (using a native query). These filters are from fields in different tables in different databases. I have joined all of the tables together, but am only able to create field filters from the original database's tables/fields.

Is there any way to create multiple field filters for fields in joined databases/tables?

Thank you,
Stefan

Hi @saleksevitch
You cannot make queries across databases. One of the most requested features, but also extremely difficult to implement:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/3953 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification. Do you know if this is on the product roadmap at all?

@saleksevitch I can say for sure that it's not on any roadmap. It would basically require that Metabase also was a data warehouse. I would recommend that you use a data warehouse and but all your databases into that, then Metabase can make queries across all of them, since they would just be schemas to Metabase. Look in the comments - search the forum.