SQL query Field Filter - No drop down options

I am not able to find drop down menu when I am selecting field filter from variables option. For other generic categories like text, number, and date, correctly able to find the widget.

Metabase : v0.22.0
Chrome : Version 55.0.2883.95 (64-bit)

For the time being we’re not exposing field filter clauses as widgets. This will be added in a future release.

At the moment, their function is to expose parameters to dashboard filters.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I tried to add the card into a dashboard and apply a filter. Now, the issue is my field filter is not showing up as an dashboard option that should be filtered for each card. Screenshots attached.

The remaining 2 dashboard filters are not applicable for my card filter field, hence did not try with them.

Could attach only one image per post as I am a new user. 2nd image here.

what is the type (both underlying DB schema type and Metabase detected type) of “Geo Region ID”?

We only allow you to map widgets to fields that have appropriate types, so that might be what’s causing this.

The db schema type is integer.
As for Metabase, screenshot attached. Field type is absent (and it is kind of for all columns (except primary key column id) - across tables actually). If this is what is causing the issue, how do I solve it?

ahhh. we actually don’t connect any current dashboard filter widgets to integers. we’re adding them in a subsequent release.

for now you can mark that as an FK and the ID filter widget should recognize it

Cool, thanks.
Do you also plan to add multiple metrics support for maps? Possibly, a ticker with all metrics with on hovering on-off supported. Or options to choose metric on which to show heatmap. Either way could have some very innovative and useful use cases.
In love with the product. Keep up the good work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!

We weren’t, but that’s a great idea.

Mind opening an issue at github.com/metabase/metabase/new with some concrete examples of how you’d use it?

Of specific interest would be: how many metrics would be useful in your use case, do you want to be able to look at individual spots and see all metrics (eg, is the underlying need a better organized way to access all the metrics for region X), or are you looking to compare geographical trends of a number of metrics, etc. We’ll probably ask all kinds of annoying OCD questions =)

Any idea when the field filter will be available in the Question view? Also, is it possible to set the filter options so that it is a drop down of options available?