Weird spacing of table and field names on v0.18

Hi there.

Has anyone seen this?

While building a query, tables and field names get "spaced" every 3 or 4 letters even without underscores:

Table under Data is named "v_m_m3_leituras_dia".
Second field is named "boca_id"...
4th field is "hidrante"... no underscores...

On PostgreSQL 9.3.

1 Like

Sorry about that. We added a feature that tries to format table and field names better by looking for common words, but it uses a word frequency list built from the English Wikipedia, which obviously wonā€™t work well for other languages. We should also probably remove the less common shorter words from the list.

oh, ok. troubles of a wordwide community then

Hi,

I am having the same problem and itā€™s very frustrating for tables in other languages, for example i have the table ā€œadministradoresā€ wich mean administrators and it is converted to ā€œAdmin Is Tr Adoresā€

It will be awesome that you add a option to turn this feature off becouse itā€™s driving me crazy finding my tables

Hi, I just installed the latest version but this problem remains. Is there a chance to leave that feature optional? Itā€™s hard for other users to read the table and field names.

@carlos thereā€™s an option to disable it in the Admin Panel. Go to Admin Panel > General > Friendly Table and Field Names.

2 Likes

Sweet! Thank you :slight_smile:

I have a similar problem while Friendly name is disableā€¦
By exemple uuid is shown as ā€˜Uā€™ in Grouped By, and as ā€˜U IDā€™ in the Table vue table name fieldā€¦

Found the solution: I renamed the column in Admin Panel / Data Model :slight_smile: