Accessing Google Analytics Data

I recently connected Google Analytics as a source in my Metabase, but the only fields I seem to be able to view are users and page views. Is this all of the information Metabase is able to query from GA, or is there something else I need to do access the larger breakdown of data? Ideally I'd like to be able to see metrics for individual pages of the website, not just the website as a whole.

Hi @jchill
Post "Diagnostic Info" from Admin > Troubleshooting.
You should have a lot of other options available, once Metabase has done the first sync of GA:

Okay, cool. I figured I must be missing something. Here's the Diagnostic Info @flamber :

{
"browser-info": {
"language": "en-US",
"platform": "Win32",
"userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:97.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/97.0",
"vendor": ""
},
"system-info": {
"file.encoding": "UTF-8",
"java.runtime.name": "OpenJDK Runtime Environment",
"java.runtime.version": "11.0.13+8-Ubuntu-0ubuntu1.18.04",
"java.vendor": "Ubuntu",
"java.vendor.url": "https://ubuntu.com/",
"java.version": "11.0.13",
"java.vm.name": "OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM",
"java.vm.version": "11.0.13+8-Ubuntu-0ubuntu1.18.04",
"os.name": "Linux",
"os.version": "4.15.0-101-generic",
"user.language": "en",
"user.timezone": "Etc/UTC"
},
"metabase-info": {
"databases": [
"postgres",
"googleanalytics"
],
"hosting-env": "unknown",
"application-database": "postgres",
"application-database-details": {
"database": {
"name": "PostgreSQL",
"version": "10.19 (Ubuntu 10.19-0ubuntu0.18.04.1)"
},
"jdbc-driver": {
"name": "PostgreSQL JDBC Driver",
"version": "42.2.23"
}
},
"run-mode": "prod",
"version": {
"date": "2022-02-17",
"tag": "v0.42.1",
"branch": "release-x.42.x",
"hash": "629f4de"
},
"settings": {
"report-timezone": "US/Eastern"
}
}
}

@jchill I don't know what you are seeing. Show a screenshot, check the logs for errors (Admin > Troubleshooting > Logs)

@flamber without changing anything it seems to be working now, so maybe it just took time to fully sync? I'm having a separate issue now with sorting. I'm trying to make a bar chart with pageviews for each page. I can create it just fine, but as soon as I try to sort by # of page views, I receive this error:

Input to aggregation-at-index does not match schema: e[0;33m [(named {:type missing-required-key, :database missing-required-key} query) nil nil] e[0m

I'm just using the drop down menus, so I know it's not a query-writing error on my part, and I can tell that Metabase has the information to do a sort, because I can visualize the data in an unsorted manner without issue.

@jchill GA has only limited support, sounds like you're seeing this issue:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/4811 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post

Yep, that seems like it. Looks like it's been 5 years since the first post, any chance someone is working on fixing it? The Github conversation suggests that's it's a UI bug, which seems reasonable since the data is actually queried correctly.

@jchill Like I wrote, GA has limited support, so it would likely require a major rewrite to fix several of the issues. It's not on our short-term roadmap.