Bin created for every value

Hi, our binning is not working. I've gone through the posts on the forum and on github, but I feel like it's not the same problem as for example: Binning not returning the correct amount of bins · Issue #12004 · metabase/metabase · GitHub
Everyone seems to not get enough bins. For us it just returns a bin for each value.

We've been having this many versions.

Troubleshoot info:

{
"browser-info": {
"language": "en-US",
"platform": "MacIntel",
"userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/111.0.0.0 Safari/537.36",
"vendor": "Google Inc."
},
"system-info": {
"file.encoding": "UTF-8",
"java.runtime.name": "OpenJDK Runtime Environment",
"java.runtime.version": "11.0.6+10-post-Debian-1bpo91",
"java.vendor": "Debian",
"java.vendor.url": "openjdk-11 - Debian Package Tracker",
"java.version": "11.0.6",
"java.vm.name": "OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM",
"java.vm.version": "11.0.6+10-post-Debian-1bpo91",
"os.name": "Linux",
"os.version": "4.19.0-6-amd64",
"user.language": "en",
"user.timezone": "Europe/Brussels"
},
"metabase-info": {
"databases": [
"mysql"
],
"hosting-env": "unknown",
"application-database": "mysql",
"application-database-details": {
"database": {
"name": "MySQL",
"version": "8.0.28"
},
"jdbc-driver": {
"name": "MariaDB Connector/J",
"version": "2.7.6"
}
},
"run-mode": "prod",
"version": {
"date": "2023-04-05",
"tag": "v0.46.1",
"branch": "release-x.46.x",
"hash": "12a6e1d"
},
"settings": {
"report-timezone": "Europe/Brussels"
}
}
}

/api/field of the field we're trying to bin here, but it's literally with every field.

{"description":null,"database_type":"INT","semantic_type":"type/Quantity","table_id":232,"coercion_strategy":null,"table":{"description":null,"entity_type":"entity/GenericTable","schema":null,"db":{"description":null,"features":["basic-aggregations","temporal-extract","actions/custom","now","convert-timezone","nested-field-columns","standard-deviation-aggregations","test/jvm-timezone-setting","date-arithmetics","persist-models","actions","expression-aggregations","foreign-keys","right-join","left-join","native-parameters","nested-queries","expressions","set-timezone","binning","datetime-diff","inner-join","advanced-math-expressions"]

Thanks.

How many bins do you need?

In this case I'm trying to get 10, but it's the same or all the other options (autobin, 50 bins, 100 bins) and also with other columns.

Every time it returns a bin for each single value there exists (1000's).

you might be seeing Binning range creates bins of 1 regardless of choice · Issue #9321 · metabase/metabase · GitHub

Hi Luiggi, that does indeed seem like the same problem I'm having.
Should I add my information there?

If you want to feel free to contribute