Bug in sending email subscription report: 2 scales make charts wrong

Hi everyone,

I noticed a bug that reproduces everytime I use the email subscription:
The email has a different scale for the bar on the left, and thus the whole figure is wrong. Please see below picture, 41 is way above 74.
I can report a bug on github but don't know where to!

Screenshot 2023-12-14 172826

By the way, the problem in email subscription with Chinese not being sent properly is solved, many thanks!

:wave:t2: Metabase version?

0.47.9 with MariaDB on a SYnology NAS

thanks, any way you can repro this with the sample database?

I‘m sorry I deleted the sample database and not too sure how to reinstall it... But i'll get the logs and share

I believe you are experiencing this issue:

Can you please check and confirm?

Hi @zoltan I am really sorry, I wasn't able to send emails anymore and it took me 2 months to figure out it was because security had to move from TLS to STARTTLS :melting_face:

Anyway, I have tested as you said and this is not like the bug you mention. In none of my charts is the Split y-axis when necessary checked.

Besides, my problem is not for exporting a chart in png (I have double checked and they work fine), but to export a whole dashboard, and in this case the charts within the dashboard start to behave weird and erratically.

Here's my DB info:
{
"browser-info": {
"language": "en-US",
"platform": "MacIntel",
"userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0",
"vendor": ""
},
"system-info": {
"file.encoding": "UTF-8",
"java.runtime.name": "OpenJDK Runtime Environment",
"java.runtime.version": "11.0.22+7",
"java.vendor": "Eclipse Adoptium",
"java.vendor.url": "https://adoptium.net/",
"java.version": "11.0.22",
"java.vm.name": "OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM",
"java.vm.version": "11.0.22+7",
"os.name": "Linux",
"os.version": "4.4.302+",
"user.language": "en",
"user.timezone": "GMT"
},
"metabase-info": {
"databases": [
"mysql"
],
"hosting-env": "unknown",
"application-database": "mysql",
"application-database-details": {
"database": {
"name": "MariaDB",
"version": "10.11.2-MariaDB"
},
"jdbc-driver": {
"name": "MariaDB Connector/J",
"version": "2.7.10"
}
},
"run-mode": "prod",
"version": {
"date": "2024-02-12",
"tag": "v0.48.6",
"hash": "b8818f9"
},
"settings": {
"report-timezone": null
}
}
}

Thanks for taking a look. If you still this problem on a recent version, best course of action would be to try to reproduce it on the sample database. You can bring it back if you have deleted it, see: