Can't access a BigQuery table connected to Gsheet

Hello,

I have a BigQuery table connected to a Google Sheet located in my google Drive. I can query the table on BigQuery but I can't access it with Metabase. I get this error message when trying:

Access Denied: BigQuery BigQuery: Permission denied while getting Drive credentials.

I have added my service account email to the Google sheet as editor, but it still doesn't work. It seems like I need to add some additional rights to my service account but I can't figure out how to do it.

Could you please advise? Thanks!

Hi @jsaadani
There's an issue open about this - see comments for possible workarounds:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/13001 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post

Thanks @flamber for your reply. I had a look a the workaround you mentioned. I have enabled the Google Drive API in my project but It still doesn't work.

• It seems like I can't enable the Google Workspace Domain-wide Delegation. I get an error when trying to do so:

The request has been classified as abusive and was not allowed to proceed

Moreover, I don't see how I can add scopes to an existing service account using google cloud console.

Thanks for your help.

Jaafar

@jsaadani The workaround I posted is for the old OAuth, not Service Accounts. But I guess it doesn't work then, and then you'll have to wait until the issue is fixed or try to find another workaround.