Chrome unable to login with Metabase update

I upgrade to the latest Metabase v1.1.8 recently, and now experiencing login issues with Chrome. I tried deleting cookies, but still not able to login under Chrome/OSX. I switch to Firefox and the login works fine.

Here is the log from Chrome:

09-24 01:26:33 DEBUG middleware.log :: GET /api/user/current 401 159 µs (0 DB calls)
“Unauthenticated”

09-24 01:26:33 DEBUG middleware.log :: GET /api/session/properties 200 3 ms (1 DB calls) Jetty threads: 3/50 (5 idle, 1 queued) (89 total active threads) Queries in flight: 1
09-24 01:26:33 DEBUG middleware.log :: GET /api/user/current 401 119 µs (0 DB calls)
“Unauthenticated”

Here is the log from Firefox:

09-24 01:34:04 DEBUG middleware.log :: GET /api/user/current 200 1 ms (3 DB calls) Jetty threads: 3/50 (5 idle, 1 queued) (90 total active threads) Queries in flight: 1
09-24 01:34:04 DEBUG middleware.log :: GET /api/session/properties 200 3 ms (1 DB calls) Jetty threads: 4/50 (3 idle, 0 queued) (90 total active threads) Queries in flight: 1
09-24 01:34:04 DEBUG middleware.log :: GET /api/database 200 3 ms (4 DB calls) Jetty threads: 3/50 (5 idle, 1 queued) (91 total active threads) Queries in flight: 1
09-24 01:34:04 DEBUG middleware.log :: GET /api/collection/root/items 200 3 ms (6 DB calls) Jetty threads: 3/50 (5 idle, 1 queued) (91 total active threads) Queries in flight: 1
09-24 01:34:04 DEBUG middleware.log :: GET /api/setting 200 469 µs (0 DB calls) Jetty threads: 4/50 (3 idle, 0 queued) (91 total active threads) Queries in flight: 1
09-24 01:34:04 DEBUG middleware.log :: GET /api/collection/root 200 1 ms (2 DB calls) Jetty threads: 4/50 (3 idle, 0 queued) (91 total active threads) Queries in flight: 1
09-24 01:34:04 DEBUG middleware.log :: GET /api/database 200 3 ms (3 DB calls) Jetty threads: 3/50 (5 idle, 1 queued) (91 total active threads) Queries in flight: 1
09-24 01:34:05 DEBUG middleware.log :: GET /api/automagic-dashboards/database/3/candidates 200 126 ms (6 DB calls) Jetty threads: 3/50 (4 idle, 0 queued) (91 total active threads) Queries in flight: 1

Hi @dpeng
Have you tried in incognito-mode?
If you’re having issues with Enterprise Edition, then you should use the mail support at metabase.com
By the way, currently the latest Enterprise release is 1.33.3 from three days ago:
https://hub.docker.com/r/metabase/metabase-enterprise/tags

EDIT: Which version did you upgrade from?

Thanks @flamber. I have not tried incognito mode, since the users won’t be using that by default. I did escalate to support and will also be working with them.

I will try the latest version to see if that fixes the issue. Don’t recall the specific version that we upgraded from, but it was from 4-5 months ago.

Just tried incognito mode and did not get in either. :frowning:

Just also want to mention, that we are using SSO via Okta. But, logging in via regular username and password on Chrome does not work either. I don’t think it’s my particular laptop, as other users’ Chrome on OSX yields the same. I asked everyone to use Firefox for now.

1 Like

Ok, got to the bottom of this. v1.1.5 and most likely older, had a check for the IdP certificate that does not allow you to input the certificate header and footer. When we upgraded to v1.1.8, that check is not there any longer. I inputed the entire certificate with header and footer, and that was enough to cause this issue. I went back and took out the header and footer, and that fixed the issue.

1 Like