[Click Behavior] public link of dashboards

I have two dashboards. Clicking on a cell of a card in the first dashboard takes me to the second dashboard. All good.
Now when I use the public link of the fist dashboard and click the cell of the card, it takes me to the second dashboard, but I was expecting it to take me to the public version of the second dashboard. Shouldn’t this be the behavior?
Public links are used so that people don’t have to login or for people that don’t have a Metabase account. So I believe click behavior on public dashboards should transition to public version of the destination dashboard.
If the destination dashboard doesn’t have a public link, then it should transition to the non-public version of the destination dashboard.

(the same suggestion applies when the destination is a saved question)

Hi @King_Edward
I think the idea would be for public dashboard/question linking to non-public d/q would just not have a clickable element, since you don’t want public dashboard/question to get to a login prompt. When viewing in-app instead of public, the linking would just be in-app, since you never want to push users to public dashboard/question.
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/14009 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post