Click behavior

Hello :slight_smile:

Is it possible to add multiple click behaviors to a graph? for example:
When I click on a category on a pie chart I'm taken to another chart (another question) and a filter on my dashboard changes to the category I clicked on.

Hi @Helena
What you describe seems incorrect. It would not make any difference if a dashboard filter was changed, if you were taken to a question.
You can set the filter of the target question/dashboard, which sounds like what you're looking for.
https://www.metabase.com/learn/dashboards/custom-destinations

So, if the dashboard filter was changed on click, other dashboard graphics would update. And the chart I clicked on in the category would switch to another view (another question). That's what I would like to do.

@Helena I don't think I understand what you're trying to do, so perhaps you should write it in steps (or with screenshots) and which Click Behaviors you're using.

Ok, these are my desirable steps:

1. I have a pie chart with some categories
  2. I click on one of these categories
  3. Two actions happen:
    3.1 Go to a custom destination -> another question
    3.2 Update a dashboard filter -> this change influences the other graphics in the dash

@Helena You cannot have two actions, but it also doesn't make any sense to do 3.2, since you have already redirected to view the question in 3.1 - am I misunderstanding what you're trying to do?

1 Like

You are right. Now I understand. I thought that on behavior 3.1 the new graph would replace the old one in the same dashboard and not be redirected. Thanks!