Column filter doesn't appear

Hello,

I shared a collection to a group but users in the group can't use filter. How do I need to config, so users can filter column ? These users are not allowed to see all the data contained in the database.
The collection is set to Curation.

Hi @Exe
This has nothing to do with Collection permissions, but with Data permissions:
https://www.metabase.com/learn/permissions/data-permissions.html
If you have revoked self-service Data permissions, then you'll need to create a dashboard with a filter, so the users are allowed to filter the data in GUI questions (or use a SQL question).

I don't understand how to allow the user to filter. I added a filter as admin on the question(SQL) and the user can't see the filter. On the dashboard, the user can sort the data

@Exe Unless you create a variable, then you cannot filter on SQL.
Please read this: https://www.metabase.com/learn/sql-questions/sql-variables.html

I don't want the user to modify the SQL. I just want the user will be able to use the filter of Metabase :

I was able to let the user see the filter but I need to let him give access to the database

@Exe Yes, you need to give people Self-Service Data permissions if you want them to be able to filter data - or add the question to a dashboard and add a filter there.

You don't need to give people SQL Write permissions for them to view/use SQL questions.

When I add a question to a dashboard, even as admin I can't use filter (only sort). I don't know what I'm missing

@Exe

1. Post "Diagnostic Info" from Admin > Troubleshooting.
  2. Post the question metadata by going to the URL /api/card/123, where 123 is the question ID

Just create a SQL question with variables and add that SQL question directly to a dashboard.

Okay I understand how it works using the sql variable. I have a question, is it possible to give access to data only on some fields ? That way, the user will be able to use filter

@Exe Use SQL, then you control exactly which filters you want to allow.
You can only give access by tables, not columns, in data permissions for GUI questions.
Please read the documentation links that I have provided.