Command Yarn Build hot showing errors for setting up environment in Windows 10

This is the error shown by the development environment while running the command yarn build-hot in metabase directory.What is the solution for this??

Also on the local host:8080 screen appears to be having this interface-is it normal(nvm version -16)

Also tried to run backend development server clojure -M:run and got a blank screen on local host:3000

My main aim is to build a custom db connector in metabase

Hi @Maharshi
As I already mentioned, you need WSL2: Error in running Metabase backend and setting up driver
You need to run both the frontend and backend.
Post the output of:

# OS and version
 sed -nE 's/^PRETTY_NAME="([^"]+)"$/\1/p' /etc/os-release
# Git branch and commit
 echo `git status | head -1 && git log -1 --format="commit %H"`
# Java version and architecture
 java -version
# Java variable configuration
 echo $JAVA_HOME
# Java path configuration
 echo $PATH | grep --color=never -oe "/usr/lib/jvm/[^:]*"
# NodeJS version
 node --version
# Yarn version
 yarn --version
# Clojure version
 clojure --help | grep Version

@Maharshi Please read this guide completely: https://www.metabase.com/docs/latest/developers-guide/build.html
And if you are having problems, then read it one more time.

Trying to run ubuntu app on windows, but the commands are not working as it is failing to find the directory.Please help......

@Maharshi I would recommend that you spin up a VM with Ubuntu and do everything there.
The latest LTS of Node is version 16.
You are inside of Linux. The Windows paths doesn't exists. You would need to create mounts.

[js] ERROR in ./app-embed.js
[js] Module build failed (from ../../../node_modules/babel-loader/lib/index.js):
[js] Error: error:0308010C:digital envelope routines::unsupported
[js] at new Hash (node:internal/crypto/hash:67:19)
[js] at Object.createHash (node:crypto:135:10)
[js] at filename (C:\Users\WalkingTree\Metabase\node_modules\babel-loader\lib\cache.js:94:23)
[js] at C:\Users\WalkingTree\Metabase\node_modules\babel-loader\lib\cache.js:120:39
[js] at Generator.next ()
[js] at asyncGeneratorStep (C:\Users\WalkingTree\Metabase\node_modules\babel-loader\lib\cache.js:3:103)
[js] at _next (C:\Users\WalkingTree\Metabase\node_modules\babel-loader\lib\cache.js:5:194)
[js] at C:\Users\WalkingTree\Metabase\node_modules\babel-loader\lib\cache.js:5:364
[js] at new Promise ()
[js] at C:\Users\WalkingTree\Metabase\node_modules\babel-loader\lib\cache.js:5:97
[js]
[js] ERROR in ./app-main.js
[js] Module build failed (from ../../../node_modules/babel-loader/lib/index.js):
[js] at filename (C:\Users\WalkingTree\Metabase\node_modules\babel-loader\lib\cache.js:94:23)
[js] at C:\Users\WalkingTree\Metabase\node_modules\babel-loader\lib\cache.js:120:39
[js] at asyncGeneratorStep (C:\Users\WalkingTree\Metabase\node_modules\babel-loader\lib\cache.js:3:103)
[js] at _next (C:\Users\WalkingTree\Metabase\node_modules\babel-loader\lib\cache.js:5:194)
[js] at C:\Users\WalkingTree\Metabase\node_modules\babel-loader\lib\cache.js:5:364
[js] at new Promise ()
[js] at C:\Users\WalkingTree\Metabase\node_modules\babel-loader\lib\cache.js:5:97
[js]
[js] ERROR in ./app-public.js
[js] at new Promise ()
[js]
[js] webpack 5.69.0 compiled with 3 errors in 281 ms
[cljs] [:app] Compiling ...
[cljs] [:app] Build completed. (151 files, 0 compiled, 0 warnings, 7.40s)

Command yarn build-hot is having issues.Please help

Is this Okay??

@Maharshi Let me make it clear: You cannot build Metabase on Windows. You either need WSL2 or a Posix environment like Linux.
Follow the documentation that I have already linked to and make sure you install exactly what is described.

walkingtree@walkingtree:~$ sed -nE 's/^PRETTY_NAME="([^"]+)"$/\1/p' /etc/os-release
Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
walkingtree@walkingtree:~$ echo git status | head -1 && git log -1 --format="commit %H"
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

walkingtree@walkingtree:~$ java -version
openjdk version "11.0.14.1" 2022-02-08
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.14.1+1-Ubuntu-0ubuntu1.20.04)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.14.1+1-Ubuntu-0ubuntu1.20.04, mixed mode)
walkingtree@walkingtree:~$ echo $JAVA_HOM

walkingtree@walkingtree:~$ echo $PATH | grep --color=never -oe "/usr/lib/jvm/[^:]*"
walkingtree@walkingtree:~$ node --version
v14.19.1
walkingtree@walkingtree:~$ yarn --version
walkingtree@walkingtree:~$ clojure --help | grep Version
Version: 1.11.0.1100

Are all the versions proper

@Maharshi No, the latest Node LTS is v16.14.2. But try building and see if it works.
If it doesn't work, then I don't think I can help you anymore. Creating a driver requires Clojure skills and being able to setup a development environment correctly.

I have build according to your recommended changes.In Ubuntu as well, the blank screen in metabase frontend..........