Connecting to the database through the user's own login

Hi!
This seems like an obvious functionality, but I can't find any information on how to do it.
When I create a database connection, I have to enter the username and password of the user. And after that, all actions with this connection occur in the database under this login.
But I want every single user to have a connection with their login. After that I can use user permission in my base.
Database - Snowflake.

Hi @o.vyglovskiy
That's currently not possible. The database connections are shared with all users that have permissions to it. You would need to create separate database connections for each user.

Do we plan to get this on the roadmap? Or has this changed? For those who are familiar with permission passthrough on Looker or Tableau - the limited overhead to move to Metabase given we can use our existing access model defined in our data warehouse is a big perk.

@marcoquerque It would require a complete overhaul of how connections works.
There's a request for setting roles, which is likely more what most are looking for:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/5147 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post

Is there anyway to simply have this as a JDBC param that gets overridden by a user attribute? I don't think roles is what we want - we either need a reliable way for metabase to parse SQL and know what tables are being used and prevent a user from querying that table. OR - we need it to fallback to rules that already exist in the DWH.