This is my first topic on Discourse & Metabase, hope I am doing this right.
I am trying to add an oracle database to metabase.
So far I am doing the following:
- Create docker while setting envoirment variable: docker run -d -p 3000:3000 --name metabase -e MB_PLUGINS_DIR=/app/plugins metabase/metabase
- Check if envoirment table was set correctly: docker exec metabase env -> Succes
- Create plugins folder: docker exec -it metabase mkdir /app/plugins
- Copy Jar file from Oracle: docker cp ojdbc8.jar metabase:/app/plugins/ojdbc8.jar
- Give full rights to jar file: docker exec -it metabase chmod 777 /app/plugins/ojdbc8.jar
- Check if all is correct: docker exec -it metabase ls -lR /app
All seems to be fine, yet still no menu option to add the database type: Oracle. I am pulling the most recent version of Docker.
Any idea what I am missing? Thanks in advance.