Custom Sort Bars on Bar Charts

Currently, it looks like Metabase defaults to sorting bars on a bar chart alphabetically. It would be great if there was a way to do a custom sort, like drag the bars into the order I want, regardless of what their name is.

So far, the only way I know how to sort them in the order I want, is to add a letter before each category, like A-Fall 2018, B-Spring 2019, C-Summer 2019, D-Fall 2019, E-Spring 2020.

This doesn’t look good though when publishing the graph for public to see, but without it, it sorts Fall 2018, Fall 2019, Spring 2019, Spring 2020, Summer 2019. This order doesn’t give a good representation of the data and makes it hard to compare.

It is also a pain to add letters in the order I want, because the data has to be all modified and re-uploaded to the database.

Hi @wlumley
There’s a feature request open on that:
https://github.com/metabase/metabase/issues/2339 - upvote by clicking :+1: on the first post

Thank you, I tried looking at Git Hub, but I was having a hard time viewing the postings. I checked this page, and didn’t see anything, so I thought maybe it wasn’t already a request.