Dashboard filter sticks to the same value despite having default value

So I was updating to Metabase 0.50.15 , and when trying the Dashboard filter, the filter value seems to stick to same value when I close and open the dashboard again.

Steps to replicate :

1. Open a dashboard and change a dashboard value , example date filter has default value "Last 7 days" change to "Current Year"
  2. Go back to collections, open the dashboard again. The date filter has "Current Year" value instead of the default value "Last 7 Days"

Is this a known feature or issue, I cant find any docs about it.

I recoginized this issue is pretty similar to this issue :

but not quite the same.

My issue was a fault caused by the new 'feature' that you're describing. The new stickiness has caused me a problem at one customer already - they didn't understand that they had to reset the filter when they returned to the dashboard.
I'd like to be able to choose this functionality at a dashboard level as I can see some places where it would be useful.

I agree that it will be useful in some scenario. Some power users usually open a lot of dashboards and keep returning to the previous page accidentally. They would love to not keep changing the filter value everytime they open the dashboard again. This is probably better set to a user's preferences side setting rather than for each dashboard.