Database Changes Take Long to Reflect

Hello,

It has been a few months now that when updating records in our database, Metabase questions take time to reflect those changes. It is inconsistent. Sometimes the change will be reflected in less than a minute while other times it can take up to 15 minutes. I have no idea where to even begin troubleshooting this. Help please.

I would start by taking a look at any cache settings you have set up for your Metabase instance. This article gives an overview of all of the caching options currently available. It may also be worth trying to clear your browser cache / open your browser in incognito mode when you're noticing this behavior. It could be the browser itself caching some information from the application.

Thank you for the quick response. Caching is completely disabled in this instance and loading in a private window has not made any difference. Is there anything else you can think of? I'm trying it right now to see and it's been over 5 minutes with no change.

When you say there's been no change - could you please clarify? Are you looking for new fields in menus/filters? Looking at chart visualizations on dashboards and expecting to see new records?

I set up a very simple question which displays one column of one record. I change the value of this field on the database side expecting to see the results reflected soon after in Metabase but this is not the case. Hopefully this was clear enough.