Dev Environment under Windows 10

Hi,

I've tried several times to setup a development environment on Windows 10 and miserably failed.

I've looked for comunity post here, i've searched on google, i tried to sue char GPT3.5 through openAI, i tried chat GPT 4 throught bingAI also and never success to get somehting working.

So here i am, hoping the comunity to help me resolve this situation.

I'm using Windows 10 and Intelij IDEA from Jetbrains.
We have METABASE running on a Debian Virtual Machine on the same local network as my computer.

I want to be able to have a development version of metabase in local on my computeur, not affecting the one running on the local network.

Can someone be my mentor and help me figuring out how to setup everything ?

I'de be so grateful !!!

Best regards

Christophe

can you tell us where/which step you're failing on?

Hi Luiggi,

Of course i can give any informations that could hepl you having a better understanding of my situation.

I created a new project in Intelij IDEA and when times came to executing command like yarn install , i have error in console about grep not being a known command.
Well i should have seen it coming as grep is a unix command and currently i'm under Windows 10 and the script are being launch in a powershell terminal.

So i tried to install WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) Debian, followed the guide and got some error while installing brew gcc, which prevent me to properly install Clojure i guess and from there i tried to mess with sooooo much things that i messed everythings up and i'm willing to start again from scratch.

So i decided to ask for help before starting again, to make each step the right way under the control of a "knower" :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards

1. use wsl
  2. follow the docs on how to install the dependencies (node yarn Java clojure)
  3. raise the project with “yarn dev”