Dropdown does not display values in filter field when passing parameters in embedded dash

When building a dash with some drop-down filter fields (all duly configured on the admin page as category filters and to display the list of values), these work correctly when used without passing parameters in advance, as shown in the picture below.

However, when incorporating the dash and passing parameters via node, the fields are blank. The construction of the dash takes place through 3 tables. A behavior I noticed is that when passing the value of a filter referring to any of the tables, only the filters of that table display the drop-down menu, the others are blank. In the example below, the month parameter was passed when setting up the dash in node, however, the month field that is part of the same table does not display the drop-down menu. It is possible to notice in the call that an empty array is returned.

The values ​​that were passed to the filters via node:

The settings made for the filter in the dash (the month was used as an example, but this occurs with the other fields as well) are shown in the figure.

Settings made in the filters in the questions.

Versão utilizada do Metabase: 0.41.2.

Informações do Diagnóstico:
{
"browser-info": {
"language": "pt-BR",
"platform": "Win32",
"userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/109.0.0.0 Safari/537.36",
"vendor": "Google Inc."
},
"system-info": {
"file.encoding": "UTF-8",
"java.runtime.name": "OpenJDK Runtime Environment",
"java.runtime.version": "1.8.0_312-8u312-b07-0ubuntu1~20.04-b07",
"java.vendor": "Private Build",
"java.vendor.url": "http://java.oracle.com/",
"java.version": "1.8.0_312",
"java.vm.name": "OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM",
"java.vm.version": "25.312-b07",
"os.name": "Linux",
"os.version": "5.13.0-1025-gcp",
"user.language": "en",
"user.timezone": "America/Sao_Paulo"
},
"metabase-info": {
"databases": [
"postgres",
"h2"
],
"hosting-env": "unknown",
"application-database": "postgres",
"application-database-details": {
"database": {
"name": "PostgreSQL",
"version": "12.12 (Ubuntu 12.12-0ubuntu0.20.04.1)"
},
"jdbc-driver": {
"name": "PostgreSQL JDBC Driver",
"version": "42.2.23"
}
},
"run-mode": "prod",
"version": {
"tag": "v0.41.2",
"date": "2021-11-09",
"branch": "release-x.41.x",
"hash": "ad599fd"
},
"settings": {
"report-timezone": null
}
}
}

I don't understand what you do you mean when saying "via node". Also, please upgrade to the latest version, your current Metabase version has lots of bugs and also security issues.

Hi there,

I have a similar issue as described above.

I'm in the Metabase Starter Plan and I use the embedding on a web-app.

The dashboard is working well on the whole, I just have one limitation with dropdown on linked filters.

Concretely:

• I created a dashboard to follow the performance of some of our customers, that are merchants (we are a B2B business).
  • In the dashboard, I created a filter Locked_merchants and a filter Merchants.
  • In the Metabase dashboard (before embedding), I configured the filter Merchants so that it is a drop-down menu only displaying the strings that are chosen in the filter Locked_merchants. This is a very useful functionality offered by Metabase. When working directly in Metabase, this configuration works well.
  • Then, I configured the embedding of my dashboard so that the filter Locked_merchant is 'Locked', and the filter Merchants is 'Editable'. I expected that the linked filters would work exactly the same. I would choose the params in the code of my web-app (in Node.js) reproducing Metabase code suggestion. The selection for the locked filter is in the params. But when I test the filter Merchants in the embedding preview, or in the final embedded dashboard, the dropdown menu is not displayed. It seems that the linked filter no longer exists.
  • I tried to set the locked filter Locked_merchants in 'Editable', but it doesn't change anything in the embedded dashboard -> the dropdown menu isn't displayed.

Do you know if embedding lets a filter be linked to another filter?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

If you’re using the starter plan please write to our help email as you have premium support